Happy October, everyone.
Halloween is fast approaching, and with that, for many, will come some sense of escapism, whether it’s going to parties (an area where I sadly have no luck), binge-watching horror movies, or dressing up and giving candy to eager children. As for myself, one of these years I’m going to man up and dress up as Elsa already.
With Halloween, of course, there also comes the more foreboding aspects of the holiday, including discussions about our own mortality, and subsequently, our place in the world and the universe. I do hope that everyone is able to see more light than darkness as we begin the fall’s holiday season, and that those who find themselves in bad situations are able to find some way out of them.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a beautiful night, everyone!
And you are loved.