Howdilly-ho, Avocadorinos! We’ve got a lot to get through for this week’s puzzle, so let’s get right to it, shall we? First of all, last week’s answers to all of Puzzle 6’s Tom Swifties:
- Giddily (My original answer was “Mockingly,” but the solvers’ response was much better!)
- With baited breath
Okay, so this week we’ve got a puzzle called Stuck in the Middle (that’s Stealers Wheel up there in the header image). You’re getting five lists of words. Every word in each of the lists have letters missing from the middle of them. One word lacks two letters, one lacks three letters, one lacks four, and the last lacks five. When the correct letters are stuck in the middle of all the words, each list will conform to a certain category. I’m even gonna be nice and give you the letters you need to shove in there…but you have to figure out which shovin’-letters go with which words, and where they’d go in each. And, naturally, the words in the lists are not currently in order of how many letters need to be shoved inside them.
Things to keep in mind:
- Each batch of shovin’ letters is used only once
- The shovin’ letters go somewhere in the middle of a word, never at the front or end
- Some shoves will result in a two word phrase that fits the category
- Figuring out the connecting category for each list is part of the puzzle too!
- I am a very nice person that is attractive and pleasant to be around
Hopefully this won’t be too tough or confusing. Just tough and confusing enough. Good luck!
LEAN POSE SEATTLE STASH
FORE GOUT MOON SUR
DOES SIS STRUT TRIES
ABET BETH GOSH RAN
BO DID LIME OXEN
Two letters: ga me pl ur yg
Three letters: rav rfi tun ubl ula
Four letters: acar feti lpha ngle rpoi
Five letters: efbro ikeso irlsc sneyx viath