The month has become middle-aged and the year is approaching its end before too long. There’s always a certain level of melancholy that comes with that for me, as the passage of time is something that kind of depresses me from time to time. I’m sure I’m not alone there, but I’m going to try to keep my mood upbeat as we enter autumn.
The big factor of stress for many, however, is going to be the November elections, which are sooner than you might think. The nastiness is going to be dialed up even higher than it has been in the past. My genuine prayer is that we as a nation are able to overcome that level of negativity and hopefully see the light in each other no matter what happens.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Be peaceful, everyone!
And you are loved.