Sometimes we’re up, and sometimes we’re down. For me it’s been “down” a bit more often than I would like lately, but that’s when I try to make the moments when I’m “up” count a little more. Whenever happiness graces your life, welcome it. It may sometimes be all too fleeting depending on what we might be going through, yet even a little positivity can have a great amount of power.
Of course, all of this might sound a little corny. But, at the end of the day, life probably isn’t meant to be perfect. All we can do is deal with it one day at a time, do our best to be the best we can be, and treat others with as much respect as we can. Okay, this is definitely sounding corny now. But that doesn’t make it any less important.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a blessed afternoon, everyone!
And you are loved.