So I have now been here a year. Feed my ego! Feed it! Actually don’t. But yes you have now dealt with me for a year.
Lets look at my first post ever. “Hello I am a long time lurker at the AV Club and just as work changed the security rules so I could join and start commenting then they kinjaed. I would like to join if you nice people would let me. I can quote Simpsons season 1-8 and a good chunk of Futurama. Does that help me?”
It has all the hallmarks of a comment by me.
- Its friendly
- Shows neverousness
- Says things no one cares about
- Has me feel like I have to prove I should be allowed to be here
That is pretty much me.
Here are some of my favorite things since joining here.
- The friendliness of the community.
- The respect people have for each other.
- The fact that I have learned so much here.
- The fact I have made real connections.
- The mental health thread in general.
- How people don’t make like or mock mental health issues here.
- The time me and another commentor did the entire Steamed hams bit but used Avocado memes.
- The pop culture I would not have tired if it wasn’t recommended here.
- The support I got from people about shitty my job was.
- The Seattle meet up.
There is more but I would just be naming off things at that point and lets not do that.
Have fun posting today!