Some may be saying that summer is starting to wind down, but as far as I’m concerned, we still have another month of it left to enjoy (or suffer through, depending on how you feel about the seasons). Today also marks the birthday of the famous Mr. Potter, something you’ve probably seen a lot of posts about on social media today.
For many of us, Harry Potter has meant more than we could ever put into words, not only for its characters, but for its many profoundly meaningful and inspirational themes and messages. So tip of the hat to you, Mr. Potter. In your own way, you’ve probably made me and several others into better human beings.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the (current) guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a magical evening, everyone!
And you are loved.