National pride can be hard to come by these days, but it seems like a good day to allow myself a trivial amount.
- The star-spangled banner that flew above Fort McHenry during a British attack in September of 1814 had 15 stripes. Name either on the the two states (not part of the original 13) represented by those extra stripes.
- In the field of pyrotechnics, different colors are produced using compounds of various metals. Red can be made with strontium or lithium, white with magnesium or aluminum, and blue with what?
- What American artist, depicted as a moocher and thief on an episode of The Simpsons, is known for his depictions of various U.S. related topics, particularly the American flag?
- What jingoistic Toby Keith anthem was the last song aired (by popular request) by the Armed Forces Radio Network in Baghdad?
- The screenshot below is taken from what 1993 computer game?
- Vermont, Kentucky
- Jasper Johns
- “Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue (The Angry American)”
- Day of the Tentacle
Please use spoiler tags if you play along in the comments.