I probably deserve a scolding from Alison Bechdel for the number of men mentioned in these questions, but it is what it is.
- These Three is a 1936 film adaption of what Lillian Hellman play that keeps much of the original dialog while replacing the references to lesbianism with a hetrosexual love triangle?
- e e cummings doesn’t have nothing on Gloria Jean Watkins, the author of such books as Ain’t I a Woman?: black women and feminism and We Real Cool: Black Men and Masculinity. What is her better known pen name?
- According to a conceit in a section of Virginia Woolf’s essay A Room of One’s Own, William Shakespeare had a sister named what? To be clear, this sister is entirely fictional, not merely apocryphal.
- The still below is from an unusual screen adaption of what 1847 novel?
- Idabel Thompkins, the tomboyish friend of 13-year-old Joel Knox in Truman Capote’s novel Other Voices, Other Rooms, was inspired by Capote’s own childhood friendship with whom?
- The Children’s Hour
- bell hooks
- Wuthering Heights
- Harper Lee