Welcome to week 6 of The Escritoire! This is a space for Avocado members to submit in-progress writing for feedback. If you’ve ever wondered if your shopping list is as trenchant and evocative as it could be, you’re in the right place.
The rules so far:
- Try to post work by Friday and critique by Monday.
- Don’t download or otherwise attempt to share other people’s work.
- If you’d like to keep getting feedback, critique as many other people’s work as you can. If you see someone doing a lot of critiquing, try to return the favor. (I try to read every submission to ensure that everyone gets some feedback.)
- If you’re hosting your work on Google Drive, you may want to turn on “anyone can comment” so that people can make in-line suggestions.
- Please submit no more than one piece per week.
- Your submission can be of any length, but you shouldn’t expect that it will be read/critiqued beyond the first 5,000 words.
- When you post, try to include the category (fiction/nonfiction), what feedback you’re looking for, and any content warnings that apply. You can also include word count, genre, and anything else you think we should know, but they’re not necessary.
- You may repost work if it’s been substantially edited since the last time it was posted.
If you disagree with any these, please reply to the process check-in comment below.
That’s it from me. Let’s see what you’ve got!