Afternoon, good people.
We’ve all read the horror stories about children being stripped away from their parents. We can all only imagine the shock and devastation that must come with that for all involved. We all feel anger over it, yet our voices won’t be heard unless we give ourselves someone to speak to. So contact your representatives. Write emails to the appropriate people.You may not expect them to listen, but it cannot hurt to try. After all, we have Laura Bush and freaking Bill O’Reilly on our side on this issue. So, please, even if you think you’re not doing much, take the time to do at least a little, because sometimes that can do a lot.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the (current) guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into an argument. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
6. If you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
Well, that’s it. Have a blessed evening, everyone!
And you are loved.