Love is like one of if not the oldest topic songwriters write songs about. Not all love songs are created equal though so here are a few songs that I think are lovelier than all the rest. If you agree, disagree, or just want to name your own favorites shout them out in the comments below. Here’s my list in no particular order:
- Talking Heads – This Must Be The Place (Naive Melody): This funky hit from the Speaking In Tongues album and movie is one of the sincerest songs David Byrne ever wrote. It’s a celebration of domesticity and being satisfied with your current lot in life.
- The Beach Boys – God Only Knows: This is a standout track from one of the standout albums of all time with sweet lyrics and a sweet melody.
- Fleetwood Mac – Say You Love Me: Christine McVie’s voice is the perfect fit for this song about falling head over heels for someone.
- Janelle Monae – Make Me Feel: Pretty much my Bi anthem this is one of the rockingest songs on this list and my favorite music video on this list.
- Weird Al – If That Isn’t Love: A hilarious look at love with such “Romantic” Descriptions like “If you cut the cheese then maybe I’ll wink and blame the dog instead”