Welcome to week 2 of The Escritoire!
Last week I was blown away by everyone’s talent and thoughtful feedback. It was a great start for this feature. I’m excited to see what happens this week.
Here’s the condensed version of last week’s process opinions:
- Try to post work by Friday and critique by Monday. The post will be pinned through Monday so that everyone sees it.
- Don’t download or otherwise attempt to share other people’s work.
- If you’d like to keep getting feedback, critique as many other people’s work as you can. If you see someone doing a lot of critiquing, try to return the favor.
- If you’re hosting your work on Google Drive, you may want to turn on “anyone can comment” so that people can make in-line suggestions.
- Please submit no more than one piece per week.
- Your submission can be of any length, but you shouldn’t expect that it will be read/critiqued beyond the first 5,000 words.
- When you post, try to include the category (fiction/nonfiction), what feedback you’re looking for, and any content warnings that apply. You can also include word count, genre, and anything else you think we should know, but they’re not necessary.
If you disagree with any these, please reply to the process check-in comment below. (Note that it might take me 20-30 minutes to post it, since I can’t figure out how to schedule comments anymore.)
Finally, I’m pretty busy today, so I’ll be critiquing tomorrow and Sunday morning. I still plan to read every submission and will be posting my own shortly.
That’s it from me. Let’s see what you’ve got!