This is an AMA. Each edition will feature a different industry, service or otherwise. Go ahead and ask whatever you like. Does asking for the manager help? Do the servers really spit in your food? Can I really waive your fines if you complain loud enough?
This week, it’s me, Gougagna, though all our other library-types are more than welcome to answer.
Here’s what I do:
- answer reference questions
- present storytimes and other programs for children
- evaluate and weed the existing collection
- do outreach such as school visits and other community initiatives
- catalogue new and donated materials, particularly video games and DVDs
- select video games for purchase
- building supervision, usually reporting damage and messes
- dealing with the angrier patrons
- post on the Avocado
If you’d like to volunteer, @ me or something. I don’t know, we’ll figure it out.