Welcome to Recipe Exchange, posted on Fridays around lunchtime with a theme. Share recipes around that theme, or if you’ve just made something amazing, feel free to veer off topic. (Note: my WordPress account was created long before I became The Duchess Approves.)
To help your fellow Avocados in recreating your masterpieces, try to write your recipes as clearly as possible, including ingredients, measurements and instructions. If you’re copying and pasting from another site, please include the link to the source. (If you don’t want to bother with copying and pasting, linking directly to the recipe is good, too.)
Apologies for forgetting to post this last week. I am, however, impressed with myself that I made it 9 posts before I finally forgot.
Today’s theme: Drinks! Coffee concoctions, sumptuous smoothies, boozy beverages – if it can be sucked through a straw and is delicious, we want to know how to make it. This one happened completely by accident, on a drunken weekend at the lake. I put everything in a blender et voilà: deliciousness.
Frozen Stawbermelon Punch
- 3 c frozen cubed watermelon
- 3 c frozen sliced strawberries
- These measurements are approximate (remember the drunken part of the story?) – you want enough frozen fruit to fill the blender about 2/3 full, so that when you put the wine in, the blender is nearly full, but still has some room to move the ingredients around.
- 1 bottle white wine (my go-to is vinho verde, a Portuguese white – it’s light, refreshing, not to sweet, with a bit of bubble. It’s also hella cheap.)
- Put everything into a blender.