Welcome to Recipe Exchange, posted on Fridays around lunchtime with a theme. Share recipes around that theme, or if you’ve just made something amazing, feel free to veer off topic. (Note: my WordPress account was created long before I became The Duchess Approves.)
To help your fellow Avocados in recreating your masterpieces, try to write your recipes as clearly as possible, including ingredients, measurements and instructions. If you’re copying and pasting from another site, please include the link to the source. (If you don’t want to bother with copying and pasting, linking directly to the recipe is good, too.)
Today’s topic: Easy Meals! I am a lazy, lazy cook, so I like keeping things as simple as possible. What’s your favorite go-to recipe (or pseudo-recipe, as mine is below) when you’re not feeling Epicurious-levels of inspiration in the kitchen?
Lazy Fish Tacos
- Frozen breaded Tilapia fillets (you can also use grilled or other types of white fish)
- Pre-made pico de gallo
- Bagged broccoli and cabbage slaw
- Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- Creamy cilantro or jalapeno dressing
- Fajita-size tortillas
- Cook fillets according to package directions. I usually make one fillet per two tacos, but use your best judgement based on the size of your fillets.
- Build your tacos with all ingredients. Garnish with a squeeze of lime, if you’re feeling fancy.