Welcome to Recipe Exchange, posted on Fridays around lunchtime with a theme. Share recipes around that theme, or if you’ve just made something amazing, feel free to veer off topic. (Note: my WordPress account was created long before I became The Duchess Approves.)
To help your fellow Avocados in recreating your masterpieces, try to write your recipes as clearly as possible, including ingredients, measurements and instructions. If you’re copying and pasting from another site, please include the link to the source. (If you don’t want to bother with copying and pasting, linking directly to the recipe is good, too.)
Today’s theme: Sweets! Be it a fancy formal dessert, a favorite snack, or tasty drink – what satisfies your sweet tooth?
I’m not much of a baker, so when I do bake, I go for simple recipes. One of my favorites are strawberry cake mix cookies – surprisingly easy and delicious. This one is based off of a recipe I found here: https://kirbiecravings.com/strawberry-chocolate-chip-cookies, but I’ve modified it slightly to my own tastes.
The best part about this is the flexibility – pick any cake mix flavor and any chip combination that sounds good to you.
Strawberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- A little under 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Scant pinch of salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients except chips until batter is smooth. Stir in chips.
- Roll dough into ping-pong-sized balls – 24 balls in all. Place balls on greased or lined baking sheets, 12 balls to a sheet. Balls.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until cookies are set and edges are lightly brown.
- Transfer to cooling rack until cool or eat right away and burn your mouth with deliciousness.