Here’s hoping everyone had an okay holiday weekend. Chances are we all dealt with some form of stress, but hopefully it wasn’t anything too bad. April can be an odd month. The year is no longer “new,” but it’s also far from being old, and now that summer movie season is starting early this year (thanks, Disney), spring is almost an afterthought now as many of us get ready for the anticipation of summer. Some of us are still in college. Others have graduated and are still trying to figure out where their lives are going (that would be me).
But whatever the current state of our careers and/or educations are, let’s all try to take at least one moment this week in which we take a break for ourselves. It doesn’t have to be a long break, and it doesn’t have to be something that costs money. All that matters is that we do something. Slowing down sometimes can do an enormous amount of help as our days become more and more chaotic.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into a debate. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
Well, that’s it. Have a great evening, everyone!