While writing questions will always be my bread and butter, I’d like to expand the scope of this feature a bit to occasionally include some broader discussion about trivia as a pop culture topic in itself. Towards that end, I’d like to invite people to use the comments today to share their experiences with pub trivia. Do you have a regular game? Is it a big national company like Geeks Who Drink or just some guy at your bar? What are your favorite / least favorite things to see in a pub trivia game?
Discussion or no, we’ve got Wednesday current events trivia as usual.
- In the wake of the mass shooting in Parkland, Florida, what Pennsylvania based retailer announced that they would no longer be selling assault rifles and would enforce a minimum age of 21 to purchase any firearm?
- March 2nd terrorist attacks in what landlocked West African country targeted the French Embassy as well as the country’s military headquarters and left at least 28 people dead?
- What alliteratively name White House Communications Director recently announced that she is resigning? The resignation follows (but is not necessarily related to) her testimony before the House Intelligence Committee in which she admitted to telling white lies in the course of her official duties.
- In the photo below, the two dogs in the stroller on the left are clones of the dog whose gravestone is on the right. Who is/was the owner of all three dogs?
- Costume designer Mark Bridges took home an Oscar at the 90th Academy Awards. What else did he win, a prize offered by host Jimmy Kimmel to the winner who gave the shortest speech?
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Burkina Faso
- Hope Hicks
- Barbara Streisand
- Jet Ski
If you want to play along in the comments, please use spoiler tags.