Welcome the new weekly thread, Recipe Exchange! I’ll post this on Fridays around lunchtime with a theme. Share recipes around that theme, or if you’ve just made something amazing, feel free to veer off topic. (Note: my WordPress account was created long before I became The Duchess Approves.)
To help your fellow Avocados in recreating your masterpieces, try to write your recipes as clearly as possible, including ingredients, measurements and instructions. If you’re copying and pasting from another site, please include the link to the source. (If you don’t want to bother with copying and pasting, linking directly to the recipe is good, too.)
Today’s theme: Dips! Because they are my favorite of all food categories. And because I can’t help singing Da Dip when I’m making them.
Avocado Shrimp Salsa
- 2 small or 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 1/2 c pico de gallo (I buy this premade at my grocery store, but if that’s not available: 1 c diced tomatoes, 1/2 c diced red onion, 1-2 diced jalapenos, 2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro, juice of 1 lime, 1/2 tsp salt)
- 12oz frozen pre-cooked shimp (I buy small ones – one size larger than the teeny salad shrimp)
- 3 tbsp Spicy cocktail sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Rinse the shrimp in a colander to thaw. Chop any shrimp are larger than bite size.
- In a bowl combine all ingredients, folding gently so as not to bruise the avocado pieces.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours to let the flavors combine.
Serve cold with tortilla chips. I like the scoop-style chips so you can get a full bite in.