Here’s one we haven’t done before: The first seven questions are general knowledge. Then question eight is to name the theme that ties all the previous answers together. Easy peasy.
- What still popular game show was hosted by Chuck Woolery from 1975 to 1981? Woolery also hosted the original pilot for the show, in which a key element of the game was vertical instead of horizontal.
- What shell-borrowing crustacean is a common (and sadly often short-lived) souvenir pet for beach vacationing kids?
- With her flowing toga and matching blindfold, this lady is already a stone cold beauty. But it’s the accessories that make the look: a sword in her right hand and a set of scales in her left. Who is she?
- What nickname do both the LSU and Clemson Tigers give to their home stadium, neither of which contains the lowest point in North America?
- Vogue editor Anna Wintour is widely believed to have been the inspiration for Meryl Streep’s beastly Miranda Priestly in what 2006 film that also starred Anne Hathaway?
- The mineral pyrite is better known by what two word name inspired by its ability to confuse and deceive inept prospectors?
- What song that was originally performed by Audrey Hepburn in the film Breakfast at Tiffany’s later became Andy Williams’ de facto theme song? The lyrics are by Johnny Mercer, who recorded the song himself for an album called My Huckleberry Friend.
- What is the connections between all of the previous answers?
- Wheel of Fortune
- hermit crab
- (Lady) Justice
- Death Valley
- The Devil Wears Prada
- fool’s gold
- “Moon River”
- (Major Arcana) tarot cards
If you want to play along in the comments please spoiler tag your answers.