As I mentioned when I started posting, I began this project with the idea of writing rounds on topics that I’m not good at to force myself to learn and study. That’s one reason a lot of the questions thus far have been fairly challenging and not that pop culture-y. But I try to relax that some on the weekends and do more stuff that is in my wheelhouse. Sometimes I also try my hand at writing eight question rounds in the style of Geeks Who Drink trivia. Thus the round you see before you today. Enjoy.
- You can get there by plane, train, or handbasket: What is the name of Montana’s capital, only the sixth most populous city in the state?
- Joe Montana earned four Super Bowl rings and established his reputation as “The Comeback Kid” playing for what NFC team?
- Montana’s largest city of Billings sits on what river, the namesake of the United States’ first National Park?
- Missoula-born David Lynch directed what 1980 picture starring John Hurt? Concerns that some of the artistry of this film had been overlooked prompted the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to create an award for Best Makeup and Hairstyling the following year.
- Singer Michael Bolton played four classic movie characters in a Digital Short that first aired on Saturday Night Live in 2011. Three of these were Tony Montana, Forrest Gump, and (of course) Jack Sparrow. What real life legal aid was the fourth?
- On December 8, 1941 Montana Congresswoman Jeannette Rankin effectively ended her political career by being the only member of House or Senate to vote “No” on what?
- Ted’s Montana Grill is a restaurant chain specializing in what meat? Entrées there cost considerably more than a nickel.
- In what CBS sitcom does Montana Jordan play Georgie, the dim older brother to a child prodigy played by Iain Armitage?
- San Francisco 49ers
- Yellowstone River
- The Elephant Man
- Erin Brockovich
- declaration of war against Japan
- bison (buffalo is acceptable)
- Young Sheldon
If you want to play along in the comments please spoiler tag your answers.