The winter 2018 anime season is nearly upon us, and this one is shaping up to have quite a few interesting series. Here’s what I’m planning on checking out, time-permitting:
- Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens. [Pictured in the header.] This crime drama looks like it could fill the Durarara!!-shaped hole in my heart. Plus it’s nice to see a series that is set in a major city that isn’t Tokyo.
- Kokkoku. I’m a little worried about the supernatural twist in the premise, but I’m also intrigued by the idea of an anime gender-swapped Liam Neeson movie.
- Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles. I love ramen noodles too.
- A Place Further Than the Universe. A bunch of high school students travel to Antarctica. What’s not to love?
- Violet Evergarden. It sucks that we have to wait for Netflix to release this in the spring, but I think it’ll be worth the wait. After 2017’s amazing A Silent Voice and surprisingly warm Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid, I have full faith in whatever KyoAni puts out. (Also hurry up and release Kakegurui, Netflix!)
What looks interesting to you? Here’s a handy chart of what’s airing for your reference.