After signing the contract, Minako Arisato decided to go to Paulownia Mall; after all, one must do something after school.
There she finds an odd assortment of people she knows. She feels connected to each of them, yet everyone seems . . . different somehow. An ominous figure looms over all.
“The power to determine humanity’s future, or lack thereof, lies in your hands,” She says. “Now all you must do is choose.”
16 SEES Members (Town)
4 Strega Cultists (Wolves)
1 Convert (Traitor)
1 Deranged Stalker (Serial Killer)
- The Convert, Deranged Stalker, and SEES Members have upright social links. The Strega Cultists have inverted social links. (This only matters for the purposes of investigation.)
- The Convert is aligned with Strega but does not know who the Strega members are (and vice versa) at the start of the game. The Convert operates as a Jailkeeper unless inducted into Strega. If the Convert is chosen by Strega to be night-killed, the Convert is inducted into Strega instead (learns identities of other Strega Cultists but loses jailkeeping ability and upright social link).
- The Strega Cultists know who each other are but do not have a private QT at the start of the game.
- The game is divided into two periods: Day and Dark Hour (separated by Twilight).
- All players have the opportunity to vote for a daily lynch on the OT. A tie results in a random death (chosen by RNG).
- At the end of each Day comes Twilight, and after Twilight comes the Dark Hour (night), the hidden hour between days. During the Dark Hour, players name their night-kill target and select any other available night actions.
- During the Dark Hour, each player names a night-kill target, except the Convert (who names a jailkeeping target instead); the player who receives the most votes from each faction (SEES Members and Strega) will die unless protected. In the event of a tie, RNG will decide between the tied players. There will be a nightly SEES Members kill, Strega kill, and Deranged Stalker kill, based on the votes of each.
- If two factions target the same person, the kill will not go through. If the Deranged Stalker, SEES Members, and Strega all target the same player, the Deranged Stalker and a random player will die instead (the targeted player will not die).
- Each player represents an arcana and thus a social link with the Protagonist, Minako Arisato. Each new day strengthens surviving players’ social links with Minako, giving each player a temporary (that day- or that night-only) power. These powers may duplicate/repeat. They will not be revealed, even in death.
- If a one-shot power is a night-kill power, that kill will go through (unless the target is protected) regardless of whether it targets the same player as SEES, Strega, and/or the Deranged Stalker.
- Each player also has a strength and weakness. At Twilight each day, all players will be struck by a common, random (RNG-determined) force (element, ailment, physical, light, or dark). Players who are strong against that force will get two votes that night. Players who are weak to that force will get no vote that night. The force will not otherwise affect night actions.
- Reminder: Character choice has no bearing on faction/role, alignment, strength, weakness, arcana, persona, or powers. It’s a parallel dimension, so feel free to amend your character at will, even if it varies wildly from the character in the original game.
- Here’s a mini-wiki QT with some common terminology and rules for the Avocado’s version of Werewolf/Mafia. Refer to it if needed, especially if you’re a new player.
- You vote for the daily lynch candidate by replying to the very first comment, appropriately titled VOTE THREAD. It is easy to find if you sort comments by oldest. To change or withdraw your vote, simply post another reply. DO NOT EDIT OR DELETE ANY VOTE. Only votes posted as a direct reply to the official VOTE THREAD will count.
- DO NOT EDIT POSTS even if you made a grammatical error that is haunting you. Rather, read through and think carefully about your comment before posting it. Editing a post may get you mod-killed, and that would be sad.
- DO NOT QUOTE OR POST A SCREENSHOT FROM A QT TO THE MAIN DAY OPEN THREAD (OT) OR SHARED QT. You are free to make claims about your powers and alignment wherever, but those claims will not be confirmed or denied by the moderator.
- If you have questions that may reveal sensitive information, you can ask them in your individual QT. You are encouraged to ask questions about the rules of the game, how your powers work, and whatever else comes to mind.
- Attack arguments, not people. Players have different playing styles; be accommodating to them. Remember, it’s just a game; have fun!
- Capt. LindsayFunke — Yuko Nishiwaki
- Owen — Mr. Ono
- InnDE — Shinjiro Aragaki
- Captain Video — Vincent Brooks
- Grumproro — Saori Hasegawa
- TCRM — Theodore
- ThoughtsThoughtsThoughts — Yukari Takeba
- Sheltie — Igor
- the good kind snugglewumps — Mitsuru Kirijo
- Nick — Ikutsuki
- MacCrocodile — Akinari Kamiki
- Flaxon Faction Jackson — Mutatsu
- Pulprobot — Akihiko Sanada
- Lockeout — Aigis
- Boris McCool — Koromaru
- Smapti Jones — Bunkichi
- Spiny Creature — Elizabeth
- Zecko — Chidori Yoshino
- Shinichiki — Andre Laurent Jean Geraux (Bebe)
- Creeper — Junpei
- HolsGG — Fuuka Yamagishi
- subsaharan — Takeharu Kirijo
Day 1 ends at 11:00pm EST on Wednesday, January 3rd, or when a majority lynch vote is reached.