This is the resurrection of our old Book Club, which was run by sallgoodman. The genius new title is courtesy of Merve!
I figured we’d start with something simple and just have everyone suggest any book they want to discuss in the comments, then the book with the most upvotes gets picked. Any genre, fiction/non-fiction, just throw it all out there. Include a short description if you want.
You can also use this post to suggest genres or authors you want to focus on for our upcoming discussions. Really specific stuff is welcome, like “novel tie-ins” or “YA novels that have love triangles but actually do it really well” or “post-apocalyptic novels that are set at least a hundred years after said apocalypse.”
I’ll be listing all nominations in the body of the post with links to the comment suggesting it, so you can upvote easily and to prevent repeat nominations. Upvoting multiple works is allowed and encouraged. You can even upvote yourself!
Have at it! Voting ends sometime on Monday (December 4). We have a ton of voracious readers in this community, so I hope this takes off.
- The Book of Dust by Philip Pullman
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders
- The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K Le Guin
- Artemis by Andy Weir
- The Drowned World by JG Ballard
- The Girl with no Name By Marina Chapman
- Apathy and Other Small Victories by Paul Nielan
- Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
- Blood, Sweat, and Pixels by Jason Schreier
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- The Stepford Wives by Ira Levin
- The Answers by Catherine Lacey
- Ill Will by Dan Chaon
- Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie