Modern legend Meryl Streep demured from the fray. Sure, she could have torn Mayberry apart like no one’s business, but these days, she felt she needed to be choosier about her roles.
“Maybe I’ve won an Oscar recently,” she thought, “but not as frequently as I’d like. Let’s see. Divorce wins an Oscar, dead babies wins an Oscar, Margaret Thatcher wins an Oscar. What horrific things are left to do on film?”
“Have you considered dying horribly?”
Meryl spun around twirled elegantly to face her interlocutor. “Oh! It’s you!” she said, “You know, I didn’t recognize you in the harsh daylight. I’m sure your people have mentioned this, but the moonlight is much more flattering to your… your skin tone.”
The visitor moved closer, “I know perfectly well what’s good for my complexion, Meryl. Meeeeryl. Merryyll. What kind of name is that anyway? Dutch? Polish? You know, in my day, we had ordinary names, like Carey, and Jean, and Leslie! Louis B. Mayer himself made me drop my birth name so long ago I don’t even remember it! Merrrryyylll.”
“Well… my dear, it was so lovely to meet you finally, but I’m afraid I must be–”
“We’ve met before, Meryl. 1995, don’t you remember? At Warren Beatty’s pool party? You told me you wanted nothing more than another Oscar. Here, have one of mine.”
Before the greatest actor of her generation could even convincingly flinch, a tarnished and dented Academy Award statuette came down on her head.
By the time she was found, she would barely be recognizable. But not like that time she played an old rabbi. More like that time she was beaten to death with an Oscar.
the good king snugglewumps / Meryl Streep has died. She was an Aspiring Actor (vanilla town)
The auditions were going… well, not well exactly, but they were going. Megan Draper never would have thought she would be allowed to sit in on such a process, much less have a say in it. The future might not be perfect, not by a long shot, but it was still a vast improvement over the old days in many ways.
After helping to tear Hobie to pieces, she washed her hands and went home. There was still time to finish a few edits on the script. With Hobie out of the picture, she had to reconsider the role of the vengeful farmer.
“Do we even need that character?” she wondered out loud, “Maybe we can get Steven Seagal to play the part; he’s still on contract with the studio.”
“There was no vengeful farmer there, you hack,” said a voice, as piano wire came down around her neck, “You didn’t even technically exist when the murders happened, how did you get this job?”
In the morning, her assistant knocked on her door. There would be no answer. Megan Calvet-Draper was never seen again.
Spiny Creature / Megan Draper has died. She was the Creative Team – Writer (town).
1. ThoughtsThoughtsThoughts / Lindsay “Fake Eleanor” Lohan
2. Spiny Creature / Megan Draper – Writer, killed Night One
3. forget_it_jake / Jordana-Ann Mary-Beth “Maybeth” Sawyer
4. Candide / Candide von Winkle
5. lindsayfunke / Chloe Honeywater
6. Mello Yello Enthusiast / Hobie Mayberry – Aspiring Actor, killed day one
7. Mr. Rubber Burner / Mr. Kickass
8. HolsGG / Lindsey “Real Eleanor” Lohan
9. lutair / Chitose Karasuma
10. Admirax / Eddie “Rascal” Applethwaite
11. Otakunomike / Crunch Harbor
12. Oddly Flatulent Terrapin / Lance Lancer
13. Betty 🚀 / Ethan Cruise
14. TCRM / Arno Brick
15. the good king snugglewumps / Meryl Streep – Aspiring Actor, killed night one
16. HappiestMan@Springfield / Harold Keaton
7 Aspiring Actors (vanilla town)
3 Creative Team – Producer, Director, Writer
1 Studio Security Guard (jailer)
1 Union Rep (cop)
2 Rival Studio Spies (vanilla scum)
1 Rival Studio Saboteur (roleblocker scum)
1 Washed-Up Has-Been (serial killer)
– There are three teams: The Rival Studio Reps, the Washed-Up Has-Been, and Town (all other roles). Each team must eliminate the other two to win, or reduce the numbers such that a victory is inevitable.
– The Rival Studio Reps all know each other’s identities, and they share a group QT. Each night they will select someone to kill.
– Additionally, the Rival Studio Saboteur can select one person each night to roleblock. The person targeted with this ability is unable to perform any night actions they might otherwise get.
– The Washed-Up Has-Been works alone. Each night, they too will pick someone to kill.
– Town doesn’t know who each other are, and except for the Creative Team, only comment in the Day Threads.
– The Creative Team meets privately to make important artistic decisions about the direction this production is taking. This is a closed-door meeting. They will send directions to you as the game goes on.
– The Security Guard can detain one person in the back office overnight. The detainee cannot perform night actions while detained, and any night actions targeting them will fail.
– The Union Rep selects someone each night to investigate. Their investigation will indicate whether or not someone is authorized to be on set.
Rules and Guidelines
– You should aim for at least 3 posts per day. Players who are not participating will be replaced.
– Do not edit or delete posts!
– Most days will run approximately 24 hours, ending at 6pm Pacific Time. Same goes for nights. Of course, days might end early due to auto-lynching (more than 50% of active players voting for the same person will end the day automatically), and nights might end early if we get all night actions in, and one of the mods is still awake.
– Questions about gameplay (especially about how roles function) should be directed to the moderators in your personal QT.
– Do not quote anything directly from your QT. You may paraphrase, or even make things up, but do not quote directly. This includes the text of your role description and answers we might have given for your questions.
– Be nice. We’re all friends here.
– To Vote: Reply directly to the vote thread. It should be the oldest comment in the thread.