Good morning, everyone! Welcome to Avocado Studios! All eyes on me, please. I am MacCrocodile Davis, your assistant casting director. I am working with Mr. Inndeed, who should be along shortly.
We should all be here for the Horrors of Hollywolf casting call. Does everyone have the magenta wristband? Could I see everyone’s left wrist please? Great, thank you.
Now, a little bit about the film we’re working on, because I know you’re all [exaggerated finger quotes] dying to know! Haha! Just kidding, you guys, you’re a fun group, you know that?
We’re working on Horrors of Hollywolf, the next smash hit horror movie inspired by real events! As you probably remember, just last summer—one year ago—several prominent Hollywood icons were horrifically murdered just a few miles from this very studio! The set had been infiltrated by werewolves hell-bent on shutting down the production, and in the process of rooting out the murderers, there were, of course, some casualties to the paranoia. In the end, of course, the killers were caught and brought to justice, but the loss of talent that week was so tragic and compelling.
As your agent or the poster at the mall hopefully made clear, this is a rather unconventional casting process. Our creative team want to thoroughly vet the cast and make sure we have a team that really brings this story to life! You’ll be staying with us here on set for the next week or so as our writer, director, and producer reeeally get to know you. But since they want to know what you’re really like when you’re at ease, they will be scouting you in disguise, as one of you! So look around, you might be thanking three of the people next to you when you accept your Oscar! Isn’t that exciting! How fun!
From time to time, Mr. Inndeed or I might come pull one of you aside for a more private, individual audition. Don’t worry, nothing untoward is going to happen, they just want to see how you can work in a real movie setting, to see how you can take direction. Just relax, and follow the direction you’re given to the best of your ability.
Now, before we get started, just to get it out of the way: yes, I was named after the late, great actor MacCrocodile, who was slain in the Hollywolf murders. My parents were big fans of his work and decided to name me after him. I grew up watching his movies, and so this project is very personal to— wait.
Wait… one two three… seven eight… fifteen sixteen… That’s not right, there should only be thirteen of you, including the creative team and our mystery guest… Everyone has the magenta wristbands, right? Let me just… hm, looks like my master list has gone missing. I just need to step into the office here for a moment. Everyone, please, get to know each other. Mingle. I’ll be back in a jiffy.
1. ThoughtsThoughtsThoughts / Lindsay “Fake Eleanor” Lohan
2. Spiny Creature / Megan Draper
3. forget_it_jake / Jordana-Ann Mary-Beth “Maybeth” Sawyer
4. Candide / Candide von Winkle
5. lindsayfunke / Chloe Honeywater
6. Mello Yello Enthusiast / Hobie Mayberry
7. Mr. Rubber Burner / Mr. Kickass
8. HolsGG / Lindsey “Real Eleanor” Lohan
9. lutair / Chitose Karasuma
10. Admirax / Eddie “Rascal” Applethwaite
11. Otakunomike / Crunch Harbor
12. Oddly Flatulent Terrapin / Lance Lancer
13. Jack 🚀 / Ethan Cruise
14. TCRM / Arno Brick
15. the good king snugglewumps / Meryl Streep
16. HappiestMan@Springfield / Harold Keaton
7 Aspiring Actors (vanilla town)
3 Creative Team – Producer, Director, Writer
1 Studio Security Guard (jailer)
1 Union Rep (cop)
2 Rival Studio Spies (vanilla scum)
1 Rival Studio Saboteur (roleblocker scum)
1 Washed-Up Has-Been (serial killer)
– There are three teams: The Rival Studio Reps, the Washed-Up Has-Been, and Town (all other roles). Each team must eliminate the other two to win, or reduce the numbers such that a victory is inevitable.
– The Rival Studio Reps all know each other’s identities, and they share a group QT. Each night they will select someone to kill.
– Additionally, the Rival Studio Saboteur can select one person each night to roleblock. The person targeted with this ability is unable to perform any night actions they might otherwise get.
– The Washed-Up Has-Been works alone. Each night, they too will pick someone to kill.
– Town doesn’t know who each other are, and except for the Creative Team, only comment in the Day Threads.
– The Creative Team meets privately to make important artistic decisions about the direction this production is taking. This is a closed-door meeting. They will send directions to you as the game goes on.
– The Security Guard can detain one person in the back office overnight. The detainee cannot perform night actions while detained, and any night actions targeting them will fail.
– The Union Rep selects someone each night to investigate. Their investigation will indicate whether or not someone is authorized to be on set.
Rules and Guidelines
– You should aim for at least 3 posts per day. Players who are not participating will be replaced.
– Do not edit or delete posts!
– Most days will run approximately 24 hours, ending at 6pm Pacific Time. Same goes for nights. Of course, days might end early due to auto-lynching (more than 50% of active players voting for the same person will end the day automatically), and nights might end early if we get all night actions in, and one of the mods is still awake.
– Questions about gameplay (especially about how roles function) should be directed to the moderators in your personal QT.
– Do not quote anything directly from your QT. You may paraphrase, or even make things up, but do not quote directly. This includes the text of your role description and answers we might have given for your questions.
– Be nice. We’re all friends here.
The day ends at 6 pm PST on Tuesday 6/20 unless an auto-lynch is triggered.