With one of their own dead, the low hum of panic that had always been present among the members of the Order was threatening to grow into a roar. Two spies in particular weren’t content with leaving their fates up to chance.
Meeting in the room farthest from where the Dark Lord resided, they spoke in hushed whispers.
“Harvey Dent? Are you sure?” Tim the so-called dark wizard murmured. He wasn’t reluctant to participate in a murder. Rather, he was uncomfortably aware that the Binding Curse he himself cast to protect his fellow spies could come back to bite them.
“Yes,” Indy said. “Something tells me he won’t be missed by his fellow Death Eaters.”
“Harsh,” Tim said. “But… very well.”
They walked silently to Harvey’s quarters, pausing outside his door.
“Shall I do the honors?” Tim raised his wand.
“No,” Indy said grimly, bending down to unlock the door. “I’ll do it.”
The door creaked loudly as it opened, and the two Order members held their breath as they watched for any movement from the figure on the bed.
“I’ll grant him a quick death,” Indy said once he was certain Harvey wasn’t going to wake up.
Raising his wand, he uttered the words of the Killing Curse.
But Tim’s fears had come to pass, for the moment the curse left Indy’s lips, he dropped to the floor just as Harvey exhaled his last breath.
Harvey Dent was killed. He was a true Death Eater.
Indy was killed. He was an Order of the Phoenix spy.
Fear and grief raged in Tim’s heart as he fled the room. The Order needed to regroup. Two of them were gone, and they couldn’t afford to make any more mistakes.
As he rounded a corner, he came face to face with a shadowed figure. “You lot are making this too easy for me,” the figure said as they moved towards Tim with surprising speed, shoving a knife through his ribs and up into his heart.
The last thing Tim saw as he bled to death on the grimy floor of the hallway was the moonlight reflecting off of the Squib’s grin before they walked away.
Lutair was killed. He was an Order of the Phoenix spy.
6. Mello Yello Enthusiast
10. Harvey Passover Dent
14. Soft Jazz Walrus
16. Lovely Bones
29. El Marinero
Pairs and Players Breakdown
• 10 pairs
> 6 pairs – Order members and Death Eaters are paired with each other (3 Order members and 3 Death Eaters are Catalysts)
> 4 pairs – Death Eaters are paired with each other (Both pairs still have Catalysts and Casualties)
• There’s one extra person, who’s the serial killer. Their role is explained below.
*Special thanks to lutair for helping me balance the game!
• The Order of the Phoenix members know who each other are and will share a QT. The Death Eaters don’t know who each other are and can only talk on the game thread.
• No one knows who they’re paired with.
• No one knows if they’re the Catalyst or the Casualty.
• Killing the Catalyst also kills the Casualty they’re paired with.
• Killing the Casualty does not kill the Catalyst they’re paired with.
• None of the special roles can target the same person twice in a row.
12 10 Death Eater Goons (Vanilla Town)
• 1 Imperius Caster (Death Eater/Town Cop) – Able to cast the Imperius Curse on one person per night. The cursed person will reveal their alliance but not whether they’re the Catalyst or the Casualty.
• 1 True Believer (Death Eater/Town Doctor) – Able to protect one person per night. If they protect the Casualty, they won’t die if their Catalyst is killed. If they protect a Catalyst that was targeted to be killed, no one dies.
6 3 Order of the Phoenix members (Vanilla Scum) – They have the group ability to target one person to roleblock and one person to kill per night.
• 1 Mysterious Squib (Serial Killer) – The curse only affects those with magical abilities, so the Squib is partnerless. They can kill one person per night — even if they target a Catalyst, their partner won’t die.
Vanilla Town message
You are a Death Eater (Vanilla Town)
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
You have no abilities; your strength is your vote and intellect. You can be paired with an Order of the Phoenix member or a fellow Death Eater. You do not know whether you are a Catalyst or a Casualty.
DO NOT EDIT POSTS! Doing so may get you modkilled and end up hurting your team and the game overall.
A typical day will end after 24 hours unless a majority vote is reached before that. A typical night will end after 12 hours unless all night actions are received before that.
Please ask me any questions you may have in your personal QT or on the game thread. Also, don’t quote directly from your QT.
Attack arguments, not people. Everyone has a different play-style. Be accommodating to them.
Roleplay is encouraged but not required.
Day 2 ends at 9:00 PM PST Monday or if a majority vote is reached first. Countdown to the end of Day 2 .