It is the middle of the Second Wizarding War. Lord Voldemort has discovered that his Death Eaters have been infiltrated by the Order of the Phoenix. He manages to trap them in an abandoned house along with some of his true followers. But even the Dark Lord isn’t infallible – among the people in the room, he doesn’t know who is true and who is traitor. But before he can torture the truth out of every single one of them, a brave Order member casts a Binding Curse on the whole room. Each person is now bound to another. One is the Casualty, and one is the Catalyst.
Killing the Catalyst also kills the Casualty.
The Casualty is powerless. If they are killed, the Catalyst still lives on.
The Order member who cast the curse has no ability to determine who the Catalyst is. It is a risky gambit, but the alternative is pain and death at the end of Lord Voldemort’s wand.
However, Voldemort and one other escaped the curse. The person spared is neither a Death Eater nor part of the Order of the Phoenix. Their motives are unknown to all but themselves.
Whoever comes out of this ordeal alive may decide the fate of the Wizarding World.
Welcome to Werewolves XXVIII: Lord Voldemort and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day. (Title changes daily.)
6. Mello Yello Enthusiast
9. FJ’s Motorized Hot Tub (Flaxon)
10. Harvey Passover Dent
14. Soft Jazz Walrus
16. Lovely Bones
29. El Marinero
Pairs and Players Breakdown
• 10 pairs
> 6 pairs – Order members and Death Eaters are paired with each other (3 Order members and 3 Death Eaters are Catalysts)
> 4 pairs – Death Eaters are paired with each other (Both pairs still have Catalysts and Casualties)
• There’s one extra person, who’s the serial killer. Their role is explained below.
*Special thanks to lutair for helping me balance the game!
• The Order of the Phoenix members know who each other are and will share a QT. The Death Eaters don’t know who each other are and can only talk on the game thread.
• No one knows who they’re paired with.
• No one knows if they’re the Catalyst or the Casualty.
• Killing the Catalyst also kills the Casualty they’re paired with.
• Killing the Casualty does not kill the Catalyst they’re paired with.
• None of the special roles can target the same person twice in a row.
• 12 Death Eater Goons (Vanilla Town)
• 1 Imperius Caster (Death Eater/Town Cop) – Able to cast the Imperius Curse on one person per night. The cursed person will reveal their alliance but not whether they’re the Catalyst or the Casualty.
• 1 True Believer (Death Eater/Town Doctor) – Able to protect one person per night. If they protect the Casualty, they won’t die if their Catalyst is killed. If they protect a Catalyst that was targeted to be killed, no one dies.
• 6 Order of the Phoenix members (Vanilla Scum) – They have the group ability to target one person to roleblock and one person to kill per night.
• 1 Mysterious Squib (Serial Killer) – The curse only affects those with magical abilities, so the Squib is partnerless. They can kill one person per night — even if they target a Catalyst, their partner won’t die.
Vanilla Town message
You are a Death Eater (Vanilla Town)
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.
You have no abilities; your strength is your vote and intellect. You can be paired with an Order of the Phoenix member or a fellow Death Eater. You do not know whether you are a Catalyst or a Casualty.
DO NOT EDIT POSTS! Doing so may get you modkilled and end up hurting your team and the game overall.
A typical day will end after 24 hours (First day is 48 hours) unless a majority vote is reached before that. A typical night will end after 12 hours unless all night actions are received before that.
Please ask me any questions you may have in your personal QT or on the game thread. Also, don’t quote directly from your QT.
Attack arguments, not people. Everyone has a different play-style. Be accommodating to them.
Roleplay is encouraged but not required.
Day 1 ends at 4:00 PM PST Saturday or if a majority vote is reached first. Countdown to the end of Day 1 .