It’s that time of year, folks! We’re prepping to record the year-end AVoCADo GamesCast community extravaganza, and just like last year, we’re trying to involve as many community members as we can.
We’re going to use same tasty sandwich format that has served us so well for the past few years:
- 2020 gaming news rundown
- Community top 3 submissions
- Best/worst/most surprising games of the year
For sections 1 and 3, which we’ll record in a single session, we’re looking for two participants to record with us on Sunday, December 20th, at noon EST.1 Recording will probably take a while, but due to personal commitments, I have a strong preference for keeping things as streamlined as possible. That might mean skipping over a few important news stories, for which I apologize in advance. In any case, if you’re a GamesCast vet who has been following games news this year, please sign up by replying to the subthread below marked “Main recording.”
For section 2, we welcome recordings from any community members. Never been on the podcast before? Doesn’t matter. We’d love your participation! Don’t be shy! Here’s how it’ll work:
- Reply to the subthread below marked “Community submissions.”
- Record yourself running down your top 3 games of 2020, and explain why you selected them. Make sure you have a decent-quality mic, and try to keep your recording brief. Somewhere between two and seven minutes is a good benchmark. If it’s too long, we might have to exclude it, and I would rather not do that.
- Email the recording to me at fork.in.the.road at gmail dot com by noon EST on Wednesday, December 23rd. Make sure that it is in mp3 format. Please indicate which username you use on the site when you email me.
- Just so that we’re all operating from the same ground rules, your top 3 should have been released no earlier than December 1st, 2019. (Games that were released earlier but only localized within that time frame are fine.)
- Any kind of video game is fine to include. Don’t feel embarrassed to include browser, mobile, AR, VR, or museum titles.
As always, the GamesCast welcomes participants from diverse backgrounds. Regardless of your age, gender, ethnicity, or sexual orientation, if you like video games and want to contribute, we’d love to have you. We particularly welcome women+ Guacs to share their top 3 lists.
If you have any questions, please ask them in the subthread below marked “Comments and questions.”