Before we get to the discussion, I want to run a potential additional “guideline” by you all. Initially, I didn’t want for “debates” to take place in these threads. And I still kind of feel that way. However, there are others who I think might like for these discussions to in that direction, which brings me to what would be a possible “sixth” rule: if you bring up something controversial and don’t wish to have it turn into a debate, please say “I’m not looking for a debate here.” If someone says this in their post, everyone please respect that.
So how would that sound to everyone? I’m open as I want for this conversations to remain “comfortable” for all parties involved, but if you guys would like for these discussions to be able to go “further,” please feel free to leave your two cents. If enough people like the idea for the new rule, I will add it next week.
If you’ve never been here until now, this is a place for “serious” discussions. And they don’t have to be “sad” things either. Sexuality, masturbation, concern of relatives and friends, other issues–all are fair game here.
So, without further ado, here are the (current) guidelines:
1. Be respectful. That goes without saying.
2. Keep discussions “serious.” We have plenty of other places to joke around around here, but sometimes people are in a place when they’re in a need for a hug instead of a yuk.
3. Try your best not to make anyone feel worse. In other words, if someone says “I’m worried Trump is going to start a war overseas,” don’t respond by saying, “Yeah, he’s definitely going to.”
4. If politics and/or religion are brought up, do not try to turn the conversation into a debate. We have other threads for that. This is a safe space and should please be treated as such.
5. I’m not a leader bean, so tend to the mods if there are any issues, but I’m pretty confident that everyone will be nice here.
Well, that’s it. Have a joyful afternoon, everyone!