A brief moment of personal privilege:
Yesterday was the last day of the Learned League season, and I managed (just barely) to finish high enough in my rundle to earn promotion to the next one. So I’m happy about that. To celebrate, here’s a round inspired by my Match Day 25 opponent (and our rundle champion), Erik Charles Nielsen, aka Garrett from Community.
(Yes, you got a Community notification for this.)
- When Mark David Chapman was apprehended shortly after shooting John Lennon, he had dropped the murder weapon but was still holding a paperback copy of what 1951 novel?
- He may or may not be beautiful (your call), but he’s definitely iconic. What is the name of this classic monster from Dungeons & Dragons?
- Both Barack Obama and Donald Trump have been “honored” with internet memes about a (fake) Ben & Jerry’s ice cream featuring what two flavors?
- In the film Minority Report, the “precog” played by Samantha Morton is named for Agatha Christie. Name either of the two writers who lend their names to the other precogs.
- Emma Wedgwood was both cousin and wife to what influential English scientist? They were apparently a good fit; their marriage produced ten children, though only seven survived to adulthood.
- The Catcher in the Rye
- peach, mint
- Arthur Conan Doyle, Dashiell Hammett
- Charles Darwin
Please use spoiler tags if you play along in the comments.