Please generally do not post unless playing and alive
(If you’d like to watch and discuss the game, make a post here and I’ll get you a link to the graveyard: https://the-avocado.org/2018/03/23/werewolf-57-society-signups/
It is the year 1989. People disappear all the time in Beverly Hills. They disappear, and they come back different. Or they never come back at all. They’re the people that don’t fit in, that don’t belong, that don’t serve…society.
You live in Beverly Hills, California. You are either attending or working at the local high school, and you try to live as normal a life as you can amongst some of the wealthiest (and whitest) people in the country. Despite the privileges and comforts of your life, you feel that you don’t belong in this high society, and you struggle to trust your friends and family. You want to fit in.
You’re terrified of what it means for you if you don’t. However, deep down, you think that you’re different from them, and you’re convinced that they must be all part of some grand conspiracy at work.
After school today, you’re attending a secret meeting of people who all have stories of their lives being affected by this conspiracy. All of you are going to have to work together if you’re going to have any chance of surviving this city. You’re going to need to actively search for clues to put together what the conspiracy is and prove its existence without getting caught. You’re going to have to uncover who amongst you is there on behalf of Society to sabotage your efforts. And remember…
In Beverly Hills, what you fear is only the beginning.
ROLES (Subject to changing over time)
- Seven (Vanilla Town) Innocent Citizens of Beverly Hills
- One Amateur PI who can investigate individuals and determine whether or not they are a member of Society.
- One Armed Citizen (Jailkeeper) who will stand guard outside one person’s home at night to ensure nobody goes either in or out.
- One Serial Killer entirely separate from the conspiracy of Beverly Hills. A threat to everyone, but also possibly a solution.
- Three Members of High Society. (Wolves) Undercover saboteurs meant to protect and preserve the secrets of Beverly Hills at any cost. Their influence is great and dangerous. Two Citizens can be recruited into their circle once one of the original three has died.
1. Forget It, Jake
2. Banner Thief
3. Library Lass
9. Captain Video
10. Platypus Basileus
DO NOT EDIT POSTS! DON’T QUOTE DIRECTLY FROM YOUR QT! Doing so may get you modkilled and end up hurting your team and the game overall.
Feel free to ask any questions in your personal QT or on the game thread.
Attack arguments, not people. Everyone has a different play-style. Be accommodating to them.
My games operate on a primary principle of low difficulty/learning-curve and intensive commitment to role-playing, to developing the characters and narrative while abiding by the rules and having fun with the game itself too.
When the game starts, understand that period/location accuracy in your language is less of a priority than commitment to the psychology and motivations that you develop for your characters and to remaining in character.
Twilight is at 5 PM PST/7 PM CST on Wednesday March 28.