Welcome to Recipe Exchange, posted on Fridays around lunchtime with a theme. Share recipes around that theme, or if you’ve just made something amazing, feel free to veer off topic. (Note: my WordPress account was created long before I became The Duchess Approves.)
To help your fellow Avocados in recreating your masterpieces, try to write your recipes as clearly as possible, including ingredients, measurements and instructions. If you’re copying and pasting from another site, please include the link to the source. (If you don’t want to bother with copying and pasting, linking directly to the recipe is good, too.)
Today’s theme: Brunch! OK, I’ll admit I’m cheating a little bit on this one. I couldn’t decide between cocktail or dessert themes, so I picked one that encompasses both. While brunching out is delightful, my friends and I have discovered the brunch potluck – everyone brings a brunch-y dish and some beverage (juice, booze, coffee, etc.) and we can sit around and eat and drink for hours without getting the stink-eye from the waiter.
- 2 oz vodka
- 4 oz tomato juice
- 2 dashes hot sauce (my favorite is Chohula)
- 1 tsp horseradish (or more to taste)
- 2 dashes worcestershire
- Pinch each: celery salt, black pepper, smoked paprika
- Squeeze of lemon and lime
- Fill a pint glass with ice
- Put all ingredients into a shaker with more ice. Shake and strain into glass.
- Garnishes: Jesus Christ, you can put a whole meal on a stick with a Bloody Mary if you want to. My personal preferences: rim the glass with celery salt, celery stalk for stirring, pickled okra and garlic or bleu cheese stuffed olives on a stick.